Weather Satellite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Weather Satellite forum where you can discuss all things related to Weather Satellite Image reception

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Airspy & Spyserver setup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
unixnut

Airspy & Spyserver setup Empty
PostSubject: Airspy & Spyserver setup   Airspy & Spyserver setup EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 8:34 am

I wanted to post this to describe getting my new Airspy HF+ Discovery radio working with the rest of the gear.

I have a fully working linux setup with an SDRv3 but it is susceptible to noise from UK pagers. I bought the airspy to get around this but since found that it doesn't work with the rtl_fm command, and I can get rx_tools to compile correctly. So it's back to Windows and SDR#. Due to previous experience trying to run this kind of setup on Windows 10 I opted to install Windows 7 again. I know - it's out of support in 2020 but it doesn't reboot when it feels like it or force updates like Win10.

I didn't want to use the preamp that is connected to the antenna because that overloads the airspy. The alternative is to mount the airspy at the antenna without the preamp. This means either putting the laptop in the loft (undesirable), or placing something in the loft to run spyserver and remotely access the airspy via that. I built airspy on top of a raspberry pi 3 and it works very well.

At the laptop end it's the usual Orbitron -> SDR# and now MeteorGIS (was lrpt_decoder v56 until switching to MeteorGIS last week). Relatively stable now and the images are ever improving.

Anyhow, here's a graphic of the layout ....

Airspy & Spyserver setup Setup10
Back to top Go down

Airspy & Spyserver setup
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Weather Satellite Forum :: Software :: Decoding-
Jump to: